November 15, 2022
MEET THE TEAM: Senior Associate Todd Gaston
Todd Gaston is a Senior Associate at WestWater Research and is based in Denver, Colorado. Todd leads water rights valuations projects in Utah, Washington, and Arizona. In addition to assisting Arizona municipalities in estimating the cost of water resources acquisitions, Todd also conducts ability-to-pay analysis for several California irrigation districts for water infrastructure improvement costs.
Recent projects include guidance on stream flow augmentation grants for the state of California and economic analysis of sedimentation for large western reservoirs.
Todd, who joined WestWater in October, says he’s excited to be a part of the team, “I look forward to bringing to bear my decade of experience as an economist with the US Bureau of Reclamation. The Federal perspective will complement the extensive knowledge base and technical expertise for which WestWater is renown, and I relish the opportunity to progress my career with this outstanding organization.”
Clay Landry, WestWater’s President and CEO, adds “We are excited to welcome Todd to the team. His experience in water infrastructure economics and water and natural resource policy will be an invaluable asset for our clients.”
Prior to joining WestWater, Todd served for a decade as a Resource Economist and Project Manager at the US Bureau of Reclamation.
Todd holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Environmental Science and Agricultural & Resource Economics from the University of Arizona.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Agricultural & Resource Economics
- Water Infrastructure Economics
- Water and Natural Resource Policy
- Cost Allocation
- Life-Cycle Costing
- M.S., Agricultural & Resource Economics, University of Arizona
- B.S., Environmental Science, University of Arizona
- Senior Associate, WestWater Research, 2022-Present
- Resource Economist & Project Manager, US Bureau of Reclamation, 2012-2022
- Water Research Specialist, Agricultural & Resource Economics Dept., The University of Arizona, 2010-2011
- Environmental Conflict Resolution Program Assistant/Junior Practitioner, Southwest Decision Resources, 2007-2009
- Environmental Operations Technician, Delaware Solid Waste Authority, 2006-2007
- Laboratory Manager/Research Assistant, US Geological Survey, 2005-2006