March 14, 2022
NOW HIRING: Research Analyst, Water Resource Economics and Finance
WestWater Research is seeking qualified applicants for a Research Analyst position in the field of water markets research and water resource economics and finance. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and analyzing water right trading activity in key market areas and providing general support to valuation, transaction, and economic consulting projects.
- Water Market Research
A primary responsibility of the position is to provide data compilation and analysis on water rights trading activity in several market regions within the Western United States. The position will become a subject matter expert on water market activity in the region by developing an understanding of market dynamics, commonly traded assets, regulatory process, and developing professional relationship with market participants. The position will be responsible for identifying, researching, and collecting data on water right trades. The position will also develop periodic market reports that describe current trends and changes in trading activity and pricing. In addition, the position will develop and maintain communication with industry professionals within the region.
- Water Market and Valuation Projects
The position will provide research support on client related projects focused on water market research, water asset valuations, financial analysis, economic reports, and other client deliverables completed through a collaborative process involving both associates and senior staff. The position will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and report writing. The position may include economic and financial modeling using Excel and other programming applications. Strong analytical, data organization, and report writing skills are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Agricultural, Resource, or Applied Economics, Finance or Business Administration with no prior work experience.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in water rights and/or water resource management in the Western United States.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment to drive results; looking for a self-starter and ability to work with changing priorities and time pressures.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative, and investigative skills
- Ability to present complex data in a simplified and meaningful way.
- Interest in the water resources, agriculture, or natural resources sectors with an economic, financial, and business focus.
Location: WestWater is currently seeking qualified applicants for its Sacramento, CA, Phoenix, AZ and Fort Collins, CO offices.
The Analyst position is a salaried position within WestWater and offers a comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, 401k retirement plan, and an opportunity for annual bonus and company profit sharing. Salaries will be competitively determined based on experience and skill set.
Growth and Advancement
The position provides an opportunity for growth and advancement within the company. This is an excellent opportunity for someone early in their career to develop analytical and research skills in growing area of water management. The company has strong track record of promoting and advancing staff to senior positions through staff mentorship and development.
To be considered, please send the following:
- Cover letter with a statement of interest in water markets and joining WestWater
- Resume which addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications
Writing sample, that indicates an ability to communicate effectively
Send application materials to: email@example.com
About WestWater Research LLC
WestWater Research is an economic consulting firm that specializes in water resource valuation, water market analysis, water resource economics, and financial and investment services. With a national practice, WestWater assists clients that are buying and selling water rights and other water assets through comprehensive financial and economic analysis of water markets on a regional and local level. Since its inception in 2001, WestWater Research has received national recognition for advising on complex water market and trading issues across every Western State. Our team has over fifty years of focused experience in the water right sector.