July 5, 2022
NOW HIRING: Research Associate in Phoenix, Arizona
What We’re Looking For:
WestWater Research is seeking qualified applicants for a Research Associate position in the field of water resource economics and finance. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting financial and economic analysis for water resource projects, conducting water asset valuation analyses, and conducting regional water market research. The position is located in our Phoenix, AZ office.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Water Market Research
The position will provide data compilation and analysis on water rights trading activity in 2 to 3 market regions within the Western United States. The position will become a subject matter expert on water market activity in the region by developing an understanding of market dynamics, commonly traded assets, regulatory process, and developing professional relationship with market participants. The position will be responsible for identifying, researching, and collecting data on water right trades. The position will also develop periodic market reports that describe current trends and changes in trading activity and pricing. In addition, the position will develop and maintain communication with industry professionals within the region.
- Water Valuation Projects
The position will provide research support on water asset valuations, financial analysis, economic reports, and other client deliverables completed through a collaborative process involving both associates and senior staff. The position will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and report writing. The position will also include economic and financial modeling using Excel and other programming applications. Strong analytical, data organization, and report writing skills are required.
- Project Management
The position will be responsible for managing and developing client projects as experience and knowledge base is developed. As a project manager, the Associate will be responsible for scoping and scheduling the project as well as working within a team environment to manage the development of client work products.
About WestWater Research LLC
WestWater Research is an economic consulting firm that specializes in water resource valuation, water market analysis, water resource economics, and financial and investment services. With a national practice, WestWater assists clients that are buying and selling water rights and other water assets through comprehensive financial and economic analysis of water markets on a regional and local level. Since its inception in 2001, WestWater Research has received national recognition for advising on complex water market and trading issues across every Western State. Our team has over fifty years of focused experience in the water right sector.
- Graduate degree in one of the following fields:
– Agricultural, Resource, or Applied Economics,
– Finance or Master of Business Administration
– Engineering and Natural Resource fields will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Proficiency in Microsoft software products, including MS Excel and spreadsheet analyses.
- Ability to effectively communicate, with strong written and oral communication skills are essential for advancement.
- Experience and knowledge of water rights administration and basic regulatory frameworks.
- Experience and knowledge of financial and economic analysis
- Prior consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in water rights and/or water resource management in the Western United States.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment to drive results; looking for a self-starter and ability to work with changing priorities and time pressures.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative, and investigative skills
- Ability to present complex data in a simplified and meaningful way.
- Ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex issues.
- Proficiency in statistical, econometric, and advanced financial modeling including MS Excel and other statistical software analysis.
- Interest in the water resources, agriculture, or natural resources sectors with an economic, financial, and business focus.
Location: Position is located in our Phoenix, AZ office.
The Associate position is a salaried position within WestWater and offers a comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, 401k retirement plan, and an opportunity for annual bonus and company profit sharing. Salaries will be competitively determined based on experience and skill set.
Growth and Advancement
The position provides an opportunity for growth and advancement within the company.
To be considered, please send the following:
- Cover letter with a statement of interest in a joining WestWater
- Resume which addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications
- Writing sample, that indicates an ability to communicate effectively
Send the application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org