January 2, 2024
Now Hiring: Senior Associate – Rocky Mountain Water Resources Lead.
WestWater Research is on the lookout for a Water Resources Lead to join our dynamic team in Fort Collins, Colorado!
What We’re Looking For:
WestWater Research is seeking qualified applicants for a Senior Associate – Rocky Mountain Water Resources Lead in our Fort Collins, Colorado office. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Western U.S. water rights, water resources, and/or water supply planning and management. The successful candidate will be responsible for water supply planning, water right transaction advisory, water asset valuations, and management of projects and staff teams. Experience in water rights transactions and water resource economics is preferred, but not required. This position will provide essential knowledge on Colorado water rights including water court and administrative water right processes. Experience with water rights administration in other Western States is preferred.
The position is ideally suited for technical water professionals who desire to broaden their economic, finance, and business skillsets. The Water Resources Lead will become a subject matter expert and thought leader in Rocky Mountain water markets.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Water Supply Planning and Acquisition
The Water Resources Lead will assist clients in planning and developing raw water supplies through technical water resource studies and advising acquisition of water rights. The position will lead water supply planning studies to inventory, evaluate, and recommend water supply acquisition and development alternatives. The position will assist acquisition implementation, including origination, negotiation, and execution of water right transactions.
- Water Market Research
The position will manage projects that evaluate water rights trading activity in the Rocky Mountain market region. The Water Resources Lead will become a subject matter expert on water market activity in the region by developing an understanding of market dynamics, commonly traded assets, regulatory process, and by developing professional relationships with market participants. The position will provide direction on identifying, researching, and collecting data on water right trades. The position will also lead development of market reports that describe current trends and changes in trading activity and pricing. In addition, the position will develop and maintain communication with industry professionals within the region.
- Water Valuation Projects
The position will provide water asset valuations, financial analysis, economic reports, and other client deliverables completed through a collaborative process involving both associates and senior staff. The position will be responsible for managing projects that include data collection, analysis, and report writing. Strong project management, analytical, and writing skills are required.
- Water Right Consulting
The Water Resources Lead will advise clients on a wide range of water rights and water resource matters. Clients will include municipalities, water utilities, industrial water users, developers, investors, agricultural producers, and individual water right owners. The position will individually contribute and manage small teams to complete consulting projects.l The position will not engage in water court activity.
About WestWater Research LLC
WestWater Research is an economic consulting firm providing water market intelligence, water resource economics, water rights consulting, and financial and investment services. With a national practice, WestWater assists clients that are buying and selling water rights and other water assets through comprehensive financial and economic analysis of water markets on a regional and local level. Since its inception in 2001, WestWater Research has received national recognition for advising on complex water market and trading issues across every Western State. Our team has over fifty years of focused experience in the water right sector. The firm is rapidly growing and seeks motivated and energetic staff to grow with the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in one of the following fields:
– Agricultural, Resource, or Applied Economics
– Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering
– Natural Resource Science
– Other water-related fields
- Demonstrated experience in water rights and/or water resource management in the Western United States.
- Understanding of water rights regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of financial and economic analyses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in water rights and/or water resource management in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, or New Mexico.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Experience managing and directing staff to complete complex water resources projects.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment to drive results
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and investigative skills
- Ability to present complex data in a simplified and meaningful way.
- Ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve complex issues.
- Proficiency in statistical and financial modeling.
Location: The position will be located in Fort Collins, CO. Remote or hybrid working options will be considered on an individual basis.
$100,000 to $150,000 depending on experience. The Water Resources Lead is a salaried position within WestWater and offers a comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, 401k retirement plan, and an opportunity for annual bonus and company profit sharing. Salaries will be competitively determined based on experience and skill set.
Growth and Advancement
The position provides significant opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
To be considered, please send the following:
- Cover letter with a statement of interest in joining WestWater
- Resume which addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications
- A writing sample may be requested.
Send the application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org